Monday, December 05, 2005

I HEART Sam Cassell!


My love for him started when I first saw him play live for the Clippers as he passionately rallied his new teamates, it grew as I watched him and former teamate Kevin Garnett in a fight for a loose ball that ended with a big bear hug when the whistle blew and was solidified when I saw him jump into Chris Kaman's arms after Kaman made a pretty spectacular backwards layup against Cleaveland.
Despite how my reasons are beginning to sound, there is no homoerotic element to my love for Sam Cassell. I HEART Sam Cassell, simply because Cassell has a lot of heart! Over the past few years, the Clippers have had the talent they needed to win games, but what they haven't had is the knowledge of HOW to win. Sam Cassell not only knows how to win, but to fight passionately for that win.
Now I know very little about the rumored squabble Cassell had with his former team management, but what I do know is that his old teamate Kevin Garnett was upset to have Cassell go, and in L.A. it is very refreshing to hear about a superstar player angry about a teamate actually LEAVING. And now as I get to watch Cassell in action from my third level seats, I can defintiely see why KG hated to lose him as a teamate. Not only does Cassell know how to win, but he knows how to win playing next to superstars. It seems that Magette, Kaman and especially Elton Brand are coming into their own this year and the Clippers are definitely fighting for their wins. I can't help but wonder how much of this all new Clipper Spirit is being influenced by Cassell. And while Cassell isn't the most obvious star on a team that has one of the deepest benches in the NBA, on the court he definitely shines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home