Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Clipper Bandwagon



First they ignored us, then they laughed at us, then they fought us, then we won...

My 2 brothers-in-law, my dad and most of my friends and co-workers have always been huge Laker fans. I, on the other hand, have been a huge Clipper fan for the last five years. Despite my insistence on the potential and talent of the Clipper bench, I have often been either laughed at, or even worse, dismissed when I expressed my Clipper love and insisted that they were a team to watch. So now that it is “Hip to be Clip” (an expression that I am almost embarrassed to repeat), rather than saying “I told you so” (well, I guess I just said it), I move over to make room on this expansive bandwagon. There is plenty of room here, after all this is L.A., the city of sprawl (apparently even Anaheim is L.A. now). You just have to be prepared for the traffic...something the Cavalier’s learned about last Saturday night. You will find, especially if you are hopping over here from that other L.A. love-train, that the egos here are refreshingly small. There is less drama, and with the additions of Sam Cassell (I love you Sam!) and Cuttino Mobley, a lot of heart. The Clipper Spirit finally actually has Spirit. So for those of you new to this bandwagon, Welcome. Just leave your purple and gold at the door.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassel is a Celtic now.
Good luck Clippers, hope u all get a front row seats to watch the Spurs take home the championship again :)
Its kinda cool that u are the "black sheep" of the family, I bet u must teally hate Kobe. GO SPURS GO!!!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home