Monday, February 06, 2006

A Monday search for inspiration…

I just realized how many songs are written about “Monday’s”. And they are usually about how they (along with rainy days) always get someone down, or they’re manic, or someone doesn’t like ‘em wants to shoot them down…I don’t know why Monday has gotten such a horrible rap…I mean, I have to admit to being rather uninspired, but I have no reason to HATE Monday or want to shoot it down or anything…There are some Tuesday songs about Ruby’s and being gone and there are hardly ANY Wednesday, Thursday or even Friday and Saturday songs (you’d think there would be more Friday and Saturday song’s, but there are surprisingly few)…bloody Sunday’s…a couple, but again, not much. I never found Monday, to be too inspiring personally, but then again, I’m no songwriter.

2 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

The Romans had no concept of a week---their months were broken up by religious holidays---no Monday blues, no Monday songs either.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

that would be a nice way to live, i think...

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home