Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Moving On...

I know it’s been a while between posts for me lately, but I have been quite drained lately, especially after ending a five-year relationship with The Jett, and while I don’t really want to talk about it, we had been having tough times especially of late. IT IS SO OVER. There is no turning back, as I have already traded the Jett in for something a little lower maintenance, and while some say I would have been better off keeping The Jett around for a little until I sold him, I just didn’t want that kind of emotional baggage that might come in the way between my new relationship with the Civic…I’m really not the kind of girl to be hanging out with two cars at once if you know what I mean. Anyways, I know that always people say things like this, but this time it is going to be different, I am sure. I am sure that the Civic will make me happy, and besides it will most likely fit in better with the rest of my family since they all have good relationships with their own Honda’s…of course they all have Hybrids, and my Civic may feel a little insecure about that, but I am quite sure that my family will love him anyway…they can be very accepting that way…So while I know that I can never be a FOREVER kind of gal with my cars (I’m a little fickle like that), I am quite sure that the Civic and I will be very happy together for the next few years…And despite all of our farfanuugen days at the beach and driving up Angela’s Crest, I have ended my dysfunctional relationship with The Jett, and am never looking back!

5 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

A Civic still seems a bit less--stodgy? settled?--than the Accord you previously mentioned--my mom dad and sister (all in NoCal) all drive Hondas, very happily.

But I still remember that yellow VW Rabbit that used to attract bees....

7:14 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Yes, there is something so alluring about those VW's.

Yes, I went for something a little less stodgy...I'm a squre, but I like to be a little edgy, although I am not sure how many people would say buying a civic is very edgy ;)

8:32 PM  
Blogger QueenBitch said...

Cool on getting a new car! It's so emotional...but you'll be happy with your new love-on-wheels. All things must pass.

;)

3:16 AM  
Blogger Alana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home