Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Friends and Relatives

My 24 year old brother’s favorite running joke is how old I getting that is why it I am always a few steps behind when it comes to pop culture and the news. Today when I saw him, he asked me if I heard about Rumsfeld’s response to the financial “breaking point” of the army in Iraq. No, but I just learned that a snake and a rat are friends. “You mean the snake and the hamster at the Tokyo Zoo? Yeah, I know, it’s been in the news for months.” Oh. So as he told to me about some alleged breaking point and something this Rumsfeld guy was saying, I couldn’t really pay too much attention, as I continued to perseverate on the fact that a snake and a hamster, who was supposed to be the snakes FOOD, were just hanging out peacefully together, being best friends and all…

I mean, I think they are trying to tell us something.

I’m sure my brother’s story was quite important as well, but I'm not sure how, as I really wasn't listening very well being that was probably completely unrelated to the message of the hamster and the snake.

5 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Hahaha. Has anyone heard of lions laying down with lambs?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Wade Rankin said...

Ah, the wisdom that can only come with age.

10:56 AM  
Blogger kristina said...

Real life imitates allegory!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Thanks for all the feedback! The thing I love most about this post is that it is 100% true, and that is not even nearly as interesting or surprising as the fact that a hamster and a rat ARE FRIENDS!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Curtain Cleaning Diamond Bar said...

Thanks for thiss

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home