Saturday, January 21, 2006

Today's something new I learned...

Something new I learned today is how to blog stuff in italics. While blogging stuff in italics may seem like no big deal to most, I am what my siblings refer to as the "technically challenged" one in the family, as they all do fancy stuff like "photoshop" and use digital camera's with like 16 megapixels and otherwise I wouldn't even know these things actually exist. My camera has four megapixels and feels rather inferior to my siblings Leica's and 16 megapixel camera's which is why I am glad it is so small so that it can easily hideout whenever my siblings cameras are around. Tomorrow I might try other fancy-schmancy stuff, like changing font sizes, but today, I am quite satisfied to have learned how to blog in italics.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wade Rankin said...

Can links be far behind?!?!?

4:46 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

You're only two behind me.

put "strong" and "/strong" inside the little greater-than/less than thingies to bold in between.

For a link, the first set of thingies say "a href="http://(URL)" and at the end of the link you put "/a" again in the thingies.

If you figure out colors and stuff, let me know.

5:37 PM  
Blogger kristina said...

I'm a somewhat repressed technogeek but good writing speaks for itself, italics, boldface, links regardless!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Octobermom said...

I cheat. I just ask my husband to do that stuff for me. Wonderful technogeek that he is.

Sal

9:07 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

wade, you're reading my mind.

dougie, always helping people! ...thanks

kristina, always free from judgement...the most appreciated kind of teacher

eileen, i'm still shocked i set up this blog...it's fun to learn together

Octoberbabies...always nice to have geeks in our lives to help us out...I do hope you are feling better...

10:18 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Wow! Bloggers are such helpful people! Thanks Shawn and everyone else for all the advice!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Estee Klar-Wolfond said...

You are likely not as "technically challenged" as I am. Can anyone tell me how to make links from text (i.e; actual words that link to another site) within my blog?

Estee

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home