Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Right Way

My grandfather tells me he would have been left-handed, but when he was a boy, they were not ALLOWED to be left-handed and if he tried to use his left hand his teachers or parents would slap it. Thank goodness my grandfather has corrected this aberrant behavior and to this day is now right-handed! I mean can you imagine how inconvenient and annoying it would be to all of us right-handed people to have to see people like my grandfather using their left hands our entire lives?

6 Comments:

Blogger mommyguilt said...

UGH! I remember having to use my left hand when my right was messed up! WAY too difficult, not to mention that my handwriting was nothing more than chicken scratch!

2:39 PM  
Blogger QueenBitch said...

LOL It's amazing that they used to do that.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

They tried that on me. I think I was told that only the Devil was left handed. Besides me, there's only one other person in my family that is left handed. I was pretty stubborn and refused to write with my right hand.

As a result of being practically the only one that is left handed, I later realized that I'm actually ambidextrous. So, I'm having fun with it.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Estee Klar-Wolfond said...

I really like your style!
Estee

5:49 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I don't mind people using their left hand as long as they don't do it in front of me.

9:00 AM  
Blogger GClef1970 said...

At my young age (35), I remember that I had an art teacher who would slap me on the knuckles for using my left hand. I'm still a lefty, though. Guess she lost.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home