Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lesson Learned...

Last week I went shopping with one of my sisters and I bought a pair of earrings that I adored and a Buddha candle. I looooved those earrings so much that as soon as I walked into my apartment I went to my bathroom mirror to try them on and dropped one right down the uncovered drain in my bathroom sink. My sister thought I should try to open the pipes to get it out, but I opted not to. I’m quite certain that if you try to open the pipes to retrieve an earring the same day you bought them AND a Buddha candle, you’ve missed the point.

5 Comments:

Blogger mommyguilt said...

I like your conclusion! Perhaps the Buddha Candle should sit near the sink in the future to always remind you to close the drain!

I'm waiting for the day I drop my contacts or my wedding ring down the drain. My bathroom drain doesn't have a cover - hasn't for years, so I usually just wing it and pray that nothing falls. Think I'm jinxing myself?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Alana said...

Well, I defintiely hope that I haven't jinxed you! So I guess the best way to unjinx yourself might be to get a drain cover...of course i still don't have one, but that is just in case I need to learn another lesson.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Please keep the buddha candle away from the drapes, SG. Impermanence is zen and all unless taken too far.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Er, hold on there a second while I go move my candle...

10:28 PM  
Blogger mommyguilt said...

Yes, perhaps a drain cover would be the smart thing to do....

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home