Friday, January 20, 2006

What the heck does "heck" mean...

Dear Mr. President,
You seem to like to use the word “heck” a whole heck of a lot. I know how fond you are of using words out of context, leaving us all to figure out what you really meant by what you said (I would find that amusing too), and I believe that I have finally figured out that what you mean by “heck” is actually “fill in the blank”. Much like the word “Bleep” can be substituted for a variety of different words, “Heck” can also be used in a bleepload of ways. And that being the case, let me just say…”Mr. President, you’re doing a heck of a job”.

Peace,
SquareGirl

6 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

LOL excellent.
Also, what the heck does ABA mean anyway?

3:24 PM  
Blogger kristina said...

American Bar Association? In the context of Autismland, ABA stands for Applied Behavior Analysis.

As for all the hecks, I'd like to know what is going on in the Hecks-a-gon.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Thanks Kristina for helping benhenry out...I wasn't going to tell him, because some people might think people who do applied behavior analysis are very nice. I mean I'm not, but I just don't want people thinking that I'm not. ;)

6:41 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ah. Thanks. Here it stands for Australian Breastfeeding Association, and Australian Broadcasting Authority. Also, Australian Bankers Association, and a few other things I won't bother mentioning.

1:36 AM  
Blogger QueenBitch said...

LOL too funny, girl!

3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heck is a non offensive replacement for the word "hell" used to express amazement at some unlikely act or strange object.

Shugss

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home