Monday, April 17, 2006

Learning to Fib

THUD.

Oh, excuse me, that was just the sound of me jumping on the Fibbery Bandwagon. And while I don’t make it a personal habit to go bandwagon jumping in general, we’re talking about Poetry AND Numbers here, and as you might imagine, we Squares LOVE those numbers…in fact I read an article where J.J. Abrams says the numbers from his show LOST don’t mean anything and I’m still determined to figure out their significance. How’s that for perseveration er, I mean persistence?

And the fibonnaci sequence, I mean who isn’t completely fascinated by it? Oh…just me again?

So after learning about fibs and GottaBook from Kristina who writes a fib about Charlie, I decided to get on board and make up my own fibs…and you know what? It’s actuall kinda fun to fib…so to quote one of my favorite doctors and authors:

“Try it, try it and you may! Try it and you may, I say!”

My First Fib,
by Square Girl

Fibs?
Fun!
Numbers!!!
Poetry!!!!!
This could last for hours.
Such entertainment for a Square.

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg Pincus said...

Nice Fibbing. And you're not the ONLY one fascinated by the Fibonacci sequence and the ilk. Admittedly, we might not make up a huge segment of the whole populace, but we're out there.

PS. I might prefer Seussery to Fibbery, but don't tell anyone :-)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

It may comfort you to know I learned the Fibonacci sequence in sixth grade and I still do it in my head just walking around. 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 Mmmmmmm. I've done it into the five digits. Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Huh? What did you say?

2:59 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Count
words
Never
In her life
She only dreams of
The pretense of a dorky girl
While in the hidden recess of her mind she dreams cool.

3:05 PM  
Blogger kristina said...

Next up is me trying to Fib in Latin!

(After I prepare my class for tomorrow.)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Thanks Gregory.

Oooh, five digits...that could make me pretty happy too.

Kristina, I'd love to hear your attempt! That is quite an ambitious goal!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home