Monday, March 20, 2006

Still shocked...

But not necessarily awed.
Because I believe that what we focus our energy and thoughts on shapes our environment, I try to refrain from focusing on events that I believe that are negative. Still, the reality is that today is the first day of our fourth year our country has been at war.

This saddens me…
Deeply.

For everyone on our planet, including the families of soldiers currently overseas to fight a war declared for a reason that could never even be validated. Some of the longest six months of my life were when my baby brother (24 years, but sometimes he let’s me refer to him as my “baby” brother) spent working Satellite Communications for the Air Force in Tikrit (although we didn’t even know at the time, as we were not allowed due to the sensitivity of his placement…we all suspected Baghdad).

I read in yesterdays Los Angeles Times that the polls show that 38% of Americans believe that the war is going “well”.

Really?

Who are these people?

Ironically, I was thinking that today was our coldest day of Winter here in Southern California, until I found out it was the first day of Spring.

Peace,
Square Girl

3 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

Peace and hope. And faith.

"Well?"

I won't start counting off the ways it's not so well!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Minka said...

First day of spring? We had frost last night...an Icelandic spring present maybe?

1:38 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Kristina, yes, hope and faith as well. It makes me question some people's definition of "well".

Well, it's the first day of Spring in California, but I have no idea what season it is currently in Iceland...try to stay nice and warm

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home