Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Make-up Days...

Apparently, according to the new West magazine delivered with my Sunday Los Angeles Times, today is "dump your significant jerk" day. I've never had a significant "jerk", as I don't like jerks too much and practice blatant discrimination against them, but if I did, I'd be sure to dump them today. Of course, I encourage everyone to dump their "significant jerks" at any time, should they have one, and not just wait for "dump your significant jerk" day, which coincidentally or not comes one week before "single awareness" day. Of course the most interesting thing about this whole thing, is that apparently anyone anyone can just make up a day these days...Now that I know this, I think I can entertain myself for hours, making up days, like "adopt a spider" day or "hug a crossing guard" day...I wonder what one does to make a day official, or at least get it written about in the new West magazine...hmmm...well, I''ll think about that part tomorrow, and today I'll just concentrate on making up days.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I don't have a significant jerk to dump today.
My hubby isn't a jerk, so I won't be dumping him any time soon, unless of course, he becomes a jerk, which I'm sure he won't.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

I don't think he will either...I am sure you would never marry a jerk or someone who might actually become a jerk.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Oops. Haven't been around for a little while, so let me offer myself up for dumping. You only have to read my stuff to determine that I am significantly jerky, and therefore eminently qualified.

Actually I am probably a little over-qualified.

Pity I missed it by a few days, but there you go.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Ben, now you threw in a curve I wasn't prepared for, so I am making an addendum to the day I never even made up in the first place, which is you can keep one or two semi-jerks around as long as exist only in cyberspace...of course I don't think that one can technically label themselves as a "jerk", but I'll have to get back to you on that...I'm not really convinced you are a jerk in the first place...I'll have to get back to you on that one too...

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Well that sounds fair and balanced, which is something you'll never get on my weblog.

Is it ok for me to mention Henry the Adequate here?

Of course I am not labelling myself a jerk - those are my wife's words. Well, ok, she didn't say "jerk" exactly...

12:58 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

you may always mention Henry the Adequate...he is my favorite nonexistent superhero and maybe one day I will figure ut how to put blog links...it is a goal of mine.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Here you go:
A Quick Howto

5:53 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

thankyou benhenry! still not convinced you're a "jerk"

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home