Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Once upon a time...

I had a blog.
And I wrote posts. And I read posts. And I even commented. And then…well then life kicked into full speed ahead gear and reality took over posting and reading and commenting and well, where do I begin except just diving in by sharing that this last year which has included moving out of my groovy-stylish-bohemian apartment to a house that is near my father and mother-in-law who was diagnosed to cancer, losing my wonderful mother-in-law to cancer just before giving birth to my own beautiful daughter in my own home with the assistance of my husband and an amazing midwife. It’s been a wild ride…and when (and if) it settled, I realized that I missed the part where I shared it all with the very few but wonderful readers of my blog. So assuming anyone whoever read this are still out there…Squaregirl is now a Squaremama, but still here…older...and maybe, hopefully a little wiser.

5 Comments:

Blogger Minka said...

Penguin is still here, trying to fight the life just as you doing. There are no submission deadlines for your own blog...and I for one will be honored to be one of those few but amazing guests over here.

Your post so vividly shows the circle of life, does it not?!

More importantly, congratulations on the little square. May her smile bring joy into the corners of your heart that need laughter.

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! :)

I took down my own blog because I never wrote in it anymore. Glad to see you didn't cave and do the same.

So sorry to hear about your MIL. But congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! How wonderful.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Curmudgeon checking in. It will be good to hear from squaremama. How's the new Squaregirl?

6:54 PM  
Blogger G said...

Something made me click over here from CentralSnark. Congratulations Squaremama, that's wonderful. That is poignant, the circle of life. Very sorry about your mother-in-law.

Enjoy life as a family!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your MIL squaregirl. That is very sad.


I figured your life was pretty busy in 2007 but never figured you were off having your very own square baby. How cool is that. Congratulations to you and your husband.

p.s. I've said it before but I really do think your pace of posting is just fine. You are one blogger I can keep up with. I feel so satisfied! :-)

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home