Monday, December 18, 2006

It'beginning to look a lot like an Auntie Blog!!!

I HATE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! With all the hustle and bustle and such. And yet I love the sappy corniness of all the Christmas season. T.V. specials and music and “It’s a Wonderful Life”…Merry Christmas you ole South Pasadena!!! But despite my sappy, sentimental spirit, I try to avoid crowded marketplaces, yet being a sucker for my perfectly adorable and amazing nieces, I agreed (well actually suggested) to accompany SquarSis #3 to one of those new, crazy, open malls that have fake snow and restaurants, and music and stuff…oh yeah, and of course Santa. So after a delightful, yet loud meal, and visits to Santa and orders of Boba, Squaresis and I had the audacity to stop into one of our favorite clothing stores with the understanding that at any moment we may be negotiated (i.e. screamed) out. Our rampage-like collection of clothing turned into an intimate party of four in a dressing room and as Squaresis #3 tried on a pink tunicky camisole, my nearly three-year-old-angel/neice announced, “Ooooooooh, you look like a princess!” and then immediately after, when I tried on a long orange hooded sweater (that I eventually bought), told me, “Oooooooh....you look like a teacher!”

Doesn’t she say the sweetest things?

5 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

cute blog..loved the writing..

12:15 AM  
Blogger Minka said...

Aren´t they just precious?
And square, trust me on this, it ain´t that much fun being a princess. A teacher has more freedom, choice and doesn´t have to marry the only stupid prince left on the face of the magical world!

5:15 AM  
Blogger kristina said...

What a compliment!

Warmest Wishes to you and yours this Christmas.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Your sister [and your nieces] will love you forever, and yes, I'm positively allergic to shopping, so you're in good company. Cheers

7:16 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Was that the Paseo Colorado? It was bad when I wiped my hard drive and lost all my pictures and music and stuff but the worst part was having to go to Old Town Pasadena AND the Glendale Galleria to the Apple store on the week before Christmas.

HUMBUG!!! (dang I love to say that)

I think you're pretty stylish for a teacher.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home