Thursday, June 22, 2006

So glad i'm it!

Upon completing this post, I became very glad about being tagged by MOM-NOS as it gave me a good reason to go back into her archives and re-read some of my favorite Bud posts, so thanks MOM-NOS for including me in this game of tag.

I’m generally not a fan of tag and probably normally wouldn’t want to participate, but I’ve been tagged by MOM-NOS who happens to be one of my favorite bloggers of the entire blogosphere. Her blog is one of the first I ever discovered and fell in love with her writing and her son Bud so much so that hers is the first and only blog that I went through and read EVERY. SINGLE . POST. So for her and Bud, I am actually more than happy to join this game of tag. So here goes…

Oh and if you haven’t been reading MOM-NOS, I suggest you skip this list and hop right on over there right now and get acquainted with her entertaining, charming, stunning, heart-warming and occasionally heart-wrenching posts about her experiences with her delightful son Bud.

5 things in my refrigerator

Tortillas (always, always, always have tortillas in my fridge…their my staple)

Tomato juice (that I bought over a month ago because I had an unexplainable craving for it when I was at the grocery store and have yet to even open it)

Snow peas

Easy home-made chili/salsa (a small can of tomato sauce, fresh chopped cilantro, finely chopped onion, chopped serano chili, crushed red pepper flakes…I like mine really spicy and put it on everything, eggs, chicken, baked potato…yum!)

Garlic (another Square staple)

5 things in my closet (significantly less than before now that I’ve cleaned a lot of it out)

My Clippers Hat

Make that two Clippers caps and two Clippers beanies.

That’s five! ...oh wait, it’s actually four.

My favorite groovy embroidered scarf.

5 things in my purse


A travel-size dental pick (gross, I know, but not as gross as stuff in your teeth…did I mention that my childhood dream was to become a dentist?)

Postage stamps (cause you never know when you’re gonna need postage stamps)

3 library cards (that reminds me, I have an overdue book that I need to return tomorrow)

A keychain with photos of my niece and nephew (gonna update to include my newest niece when I get a photo)

A rubber band (Because a Squaregirl needs to be able to throw her hair up in a moments notice)

5 things in my car (mind you, it’s new-ish, so there is really not much)

An extension for an ipod (I don’t actually own an ipod, but I’ve actually used the extension when other people with ipod’s were in my car)

Change (for meters and newspaper and postage stamps and stuff. I realized after I traded in my Jetta that I actually still had at leas forty dollars in change in the ashtray, darnit!)

Various CD’s (Curious George soundtrack, Depeche Mode, Indigo Girls, David Bowie, Lyle Lovett, Johnny Cash, U2...my music taste is somewhat eclectic)

Post-it notes with a principal or positive phrase to contemplate for the day (Yes, I know…I sound like a nut!)

A Thomas Guide (I live in Southern California, so it’s a must for me)


5 friends I am tagging
(hmmmm, never been a huge fan of tag and not great with rules, so I’m not gonna pressure anyone to do this, but lemesee…)

Minka (unless you’ve done this one)

You know, Almost all the other blogs I read have either already done this, or I can’t imagine that they would…so anyone who might, Tag. You are now it.

4 Comments:

Blogger gretchen said...

This morning, as I was inventory-ing my car (I'm also tagged by MOM-NOS), I pulled out a Lyle Lovett tape I hadn't listened to in awhile. I think I would enjoy listening to your music and eating some tortillas with your homemade salsa...

5:38 AM  
Blogger Minka said...

I feel tagged and will bring it in my post tomorrow (I Think). I couldn´t possibly resist thos elovely Square eyes!:)

Once I tagged Doug. It was in the very beginning of our blogger friendship and now I would never tag him, ever-it is not the style of his blog.
But you know what...he did it!
Just thought I´d mention! *mischievous grin*

12:42 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow! Thanks, Square Girl! You made me blush... And thanks for the delicious sounding recipe, too! :-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

That's funny about the library cards. I have three too, and all your hats!

This was interesting. :-)

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home