Monday, July 10, 2006

SquareGirl’s Movie Trailer Reviews #4 (at least I think it’s #4)

Disclaimer: I ended up seeing like a cajillion movie trailers (okay maybe not a cajillion, but at least eight) so I will only review the ones I remember. And of course even those that I remember I may have forgotten important details. The titles for instance.

FUN FUR ALL

Get it? Fun “Fur” all? Hahaha. I never would have thunk of that! Needless to say, this trailer was about a bear, a domesticated bear in fact who lived in a garage and was named Boog (or something like that, and even had a doggie, I mean Bearrie bowl with his name on it), until one day a (sorry I have no idea what kind of animal it was only that it was voiced by Ashton Kuther) introduces Boog to the wild and then hijinks ensue. There are lots of furry critters eating wood and protecting themselves against hunters ETCETERA, ETCETERA.


THE ANT BULLY


Yes, another animated animal movie, because we absolutely cannot get enough of those I suppose. There is a boy and some ants who shrink the boy down to ant-size and an exterminator who the shrunk-down boy rallies the ants against and that’s all I remember before the next animal movie trailer called…

CHARLOTTES WEB!

Ta Daaaaah! WOW! Special effects have finally evolved to the point where we can now make Charlottes Web with REAL LIVE actors! And of course the fact that there is a girl under the age of thirteen in the book/cartoon/movie, we should all not be surprised that Dakota Fanning plays Fern. And Julia Roberts voices Charlotte (and by the way, I forgot to mention that she also plays a voice in THE ANT BULLY, which would be pretty unimportant except for the fact that she voices not one but TWO insects, assuming a spider is an insect which if I remember it isn’t, this summer).


THE ESCAPE CLAUSE


I think it’’s actually SANTA CLAUSE:3 The Escape Clause, but being that I never realized there was a Santa Clause 2, I’ll use THE ESCAPE CLAUSE as the title to this trailer. Anayways, Tim Allen as Mr. Clause again and Martin Short as Jack Frost who resents Santa’s popularity and attempts to usurp that, eventually taking advantage of the “Escape Clause” reversing time and discovering dead Santa’s body and becoming Santa instead of Tim Allen and to be honest I suppose you had to be there. Funny, because Martin Short makes me laugh for the most part.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ant Bully is actually a very good childrens' book!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I love the trailer reviews.

A spider is an arachnid, madame.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arachnid, schmarachnid... a creepy crawly critter by any other name is, apparently, being voiced by Julia Roberts this summer. (god that woman has talent)

great trailer reviews! no doubt, this is as close as i'll probably come to seeing any of these films. xoxo

6:17 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

never heard of the last one.

7:17 AM  
Blogger G said...

Any time I see Dakota Fanning I remember a reviewer who likened her casting in the role as "using the jaws of life to open a can of tuna". Cracks me up every time. Thanks for the heads up.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Minka said...

so this was more of a wrning than anything else. Not to worry though. I am in germnay and not about to enter a cinema...they doubt everything here and Sean Connery and Adam Sandler have the same germna voice, Hours of fun i have spent weeping infront of the TV!!!!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh trailer reviews. Yummy.

I'm with Neva. Arachnid schmarachnid. Just smush it with your shoe. Although...it is Charlotte.

The Escape Clause just sounds stupid.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE martin short. and movies. the ant bully was once a book, a children's book. i read it the other day and i couldn't believe they made a movie out of it!! it's so thin! huh. i wonder if it will be any good. so few kid's movies are anymore.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

This post has been sitting here a spell. Are you busy or something?

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home