Wednesday, February 15, 2006

blaming my p.c.

My web server for work tends to have a lot of problems and I often have trouble getting logged in. Well, maybe it isn’t always my server…

The other day, I was talking to the guy at work who set up our accounts to tell him that I had been having problems again lately. “I think everything’s been fixed”. He told me.

“Well, it has been much better, but it always seems to have problems early in the morning at around 6:00 to 6:30 a.m. I get an error message whenever I try to log in” I tell him.

“That’s strange”, he tells me.

Today, I tried to log in and got the “error” message, but this time it was at about 11:00 a.m. and I realized that I had used the dash where I was supposed to have used the underscore symbol, which is when it hit me…6:00 is p.c. time for me, you know, pre-coffee. I usually will read my e-mails p.c. time, but usually know better than replying to any e-mails before my first cup (yes, I know I have a problem). Needless to say, I looked straight at computer today and told him, “I am so sorry. I realize that it isn’t always you, it’s me.” I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to work through this little misunderstanding, my PC and I.

6 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

I'm a Mac Afficionado--Adherent? Lover?---and some good Peet's coffee is either the oil or gas, or both, that gets me running.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Mac's and Peet's Kristina? We've got a lot in common...I'd say I'm in good company!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Alana said...

your father sounds wise...

5:50 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

My father always said that the fatal design flaw in most cars is the nut behind the wheel.

5:51 PM  
Blogger mommyguilt said...

Oh I can do nothing without some form of caffeine in the morning. For the longest time I was just fun, but lately, my husband and I have just turned into coffee junkies. Then there's the issue of the computers...HA! Mac, PC, neither like me. I work on a Mac at work and a PC at home. Trying to remember what works on one and what the shortcut is on the other is like trying to translate two languaes to someone who speaks a third. I'm lucky I can download and upload photos! :-)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Alana said...

glad to hear I am not the only coffee junkie around her mommyguilt. while they say the first step is admitting you have a problem, my problem is that I have no intention of trying to rid myself of my caffeine addictions...choose your vices I always say.

HayBen, how did my post show up before yours?...my superheroe powers must be kicking in as apparently I am beginning to be able to predict future comments!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home