Happy New Year!
1. Welcoming my newest niece, Avery into the world, who kept us all on our toes by not allowing us to know weather she was going to be a girl or a boy throughout the three sonograms.
2. My new Civic. It’s so much less about the material possession than about the security and peace of mind it provides me in knowing that I can safely get to wherever I need to go.
3. Inheriting a whole new, loving, kind and amazing family (in addition to the one I already had).
4. Inheriting five other nephews and nieces who ran up to me on my birthday and gave me a card that AUNTIE A2 (Not because they know about this blog, but because my name begins with an “A”) with the gift of one of their biggest fireworks for me to light.
5. My first trip to Hawaii, which after all the hype, didn’t disappoint.
6. Being able to work with the most amazing, caring, appreciative clients and families and seeing how much they are all changing and growing.
7. Marrying an amazing man who loves and supports me unconditionally…I couldn’t have done it otherwise, as my eccentricities can be quite challenging, I’m sure.
8. More material gifts that I could have ever imagined receiving or needing.
But I think one of the most amazing blessing I received this year, has been the understanding that I have always had everything I have always needed within myself and there is nothing external that I need to make me happy, because true happiness and joy comes from within…and to think, years and years of watching The Wizard of Oz and it took me nearly 33 years to figure that out!
Happy New Year Everyone! My 2007 be filled with blessings and ruby slippers for everyone, everywhere!